At age five, 1954, "the Bishop" (Chicago's Cardinal Stritch) stood over me and said, I had to "stop babbling" about what the priest did to me. It took me 40 years to talk about it again. Today, I babble.

Moving to City of Angels 8

In 2010, City of Angels will move to its next step: "Action" at City of Angels 8 We are on hiatus until January 15th.

Shop City of Angels

.
The City of Angels is Everywhere...
Also by Kay Ebeling: Read Sunset Boulevard, work in progress at City of Angels 2
This site is copyrighted by my statement. Kay Ebeling

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

City of Angels is sizzling

*
I'm pissed right now, because I get a lot of encouragement, everybody tells me to keep doing City of Angels, but only about five people ever click the PayPal button to help pay for it. I do this hungry a lot of times, people don't realize how broke I am.

Then I think, yeah, well a lot of people are going to learn what it's like to be poor soon, with all the markets falling, and me, I'm used to it and already building myself out of it. All I know is, I have certainly learned, it's poor people who help the poor. People donate to nonprofits and think that is helping, when truth is all they are getting is a tax deduction.

The nonprofits barely help people who they raise their money based on, and that is true in this so-called "survivor community" as well. In fact if the nonprofits we have were really helping survivors, I would have a grant, or at least some cash, some support, some encouragement. There really is no network, no support. It's a sham put up for advocates to see from outside, for us inside, the struggling survivors, there is nothing.

In fact, the two nonprofits we have in our world both have slapped me in the face and turned their back on me, in their own unique ways.

If survivors really had a national network of support, City of Angels would be thriving right now.


Here in LA, we don't really have anyone advocating for us, I'm it. City of Angels should be thriving right now. . .it's not.

And nobody seems to even care.

So I am totally not even motivated to cover the hearing March 5 where Donald Steier may win and the documents for the L.A. cases that paid out $660 million to 510 people, what so many claimed they wanted, the personnel records of pedophile priests, will probably remain sealed.

I'm not asking for thousands of dollars, I just want people to click with five or ten dollars now and then to keep me going, pay for things like bus fare to get to court, a sandwich if I get stuck there several hours. People will give thousands to nonprofits, and won't click me a high five...

I just don't get it. I truly don't get it, anything.

Like I said, I'll be there March 5 at Dept. 308, for this crucial hearing about the Documents from LA Clergy Cases 2007, but it sure does feel like nobody cares, especially in L.A. Of the few people who clicked
PayPal and helped me in the last year, I don't think One, not one, was from L.A.....

The guy who went to all the trouble to pull out a credit card and click the PayPal button for ONE PENNY was from Chicago, and I had just posted a long involved and difficult post about cases in Illinois, I thought it was good news. I worked really-really hard on it, and to be honest, expected some applause. There was one lovely lady from Geneva who emailed saying "good work" but no one else that I know of in Illinois had anything to say about it, except the guy who clicked me one penny, which I see as a way of telling me to go away.

Some of the meanest people I've ever met in my life are among other survivors, I have made friends with a few, but in general the experience has been quizzical, to say the least, especially in dealing with SNAP.

Something is wrong, we don't really have an organization or a Network or Support. And I can't do all I am doing with no help. Please, all those who have given several times in the past, this is not about you, and please don't give again. All I want is for everyone to put a five dollar click now and then so City of Angels would have a steady income. I don't see how all the survivors involved in this incredibly duplicitous crime can't see that.
...
.

No comments: